Memo and Procedures to apply for your
National Migration Registry Card
Valid until 28/10/2021
If you arrive in Brazil on a student visa, you will need to get regularized with the Federal Police and obtain your National Migration Registry Card within 90 days of entering Brazilian territory. The CRNM request must be made in person, to a delegate of the Federal Police (PF) by following a certain protocol.
Below, information is given for the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Delegacia de Polícia de Imigração
Praça Senador Salgado Filho, 2nd floor of the Boarding Terminal
Rio de Janeiro – Aeroporto Santos Dumont / CEP 20021-340
– Opening hours of the foreigners’ service: from 8:00 to 17:00 –
You must make an appointment with the Federal Police by following this protocol:
1. Fill in this online form, after which you will receive the document below:
2. Following the instructions on the website, choose a time slot for your appointment.
At your appointment, you will have to present :
– A valid travel document ;
– 1 recent, coloured 3×4 photo with a white background (please note that this is an official Brazilian format) which you can take here;
– The original of the VISA application given by the consulate;
– Proof of payment of the fee for the issuance of a migratory registry card-CRNM, Code 140120 in the amount of R$ 204,77 (see below in Notas);
- Below is the list given by the FP when I made my inquiries (in red are the documents you need to bring).
- Proof of payment of the CRNM emission tax (R$204.77).
Complete this form. In the STN Revenue Code field, fill in the number 140120. Print this form and respect the validity date of the document to pay the tax. The amount must then be paid at a ‘Loterica’ (Lottery Ticket Retailer) or at any bank.
Franck’s ideas box
– Remember to ask for your CPF before you arrive or when you arrive in Brazil, I did it from France, saving time.
– For payment methods, I took out a REVOLUT metal card before I left, it really helps me out and above all, I don’t have to pay for each transaction with my French bank. Moreover, it offers me a complementary solution to my Mastercard.
* This memo is not meant to be exhaustive, especially as the rules of the game seem to change on a regular basis, so I can only advise you to find out more about all these procedures.
IDIOMAS RIO IS A LANGUAGE SCHOOL THAT HAS BEEN RECOGNISED ON THE MARKET FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND SPECIALISES IN ASSISTING STUDENTS WITH VISA APPLICATIONS. CONTACT US!